Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. has served the Kern County Community for over 50 years, and our Maintenance Division is looking for a Skilled Handyman/Maintenance Technician!
This is a great opportunity to join our Hall team!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Perform maintenance and repairs to all Hall Ambulance facilities, property and grounds as directed. Identify and repair building deficiencies including plumbing, irrigation, painting, carpentry, air conditioning, mechanical, structural, flooring and minor electrical. Perform all tasks with respect for the image and legacy of Hall Ambulance Services, Inc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs tenant improvements to Hall Ambulance properties and facilities, from minor improvements such as changing out light fixtures to major improvements such as rebuilding projects.
• Follows work order system to prioritize time and resources; provides input on time, cost, and other resources for accurate project estimation.
• Assesses urgent repair needs, identifies issues and provides immediate resolution or applies a quick fix until repair can be fully completed; i.e. water shut-off.
• Evaluates options for replacement or new parts or material, reviews purchase options and purchases items as needed from approved vendors.
• Paint walls, ceilings, and other surfaces as needed.
• Provides basic plumbing and HVAC services as needed for repairs.
• Installs and repairs landscaping or sprinkler systems at any of the approximately 30 properties owned by Hall Ambulance.
• Collects and disposes of construction debris following construction projects.
• Monitors all parking areas, walkways, lawns, flowerbeds, gutters and ash trays for trash and other debris; keeps clean to company standard.
• Maintains lawns, trees, shrubs and flowers as assigned using hand tools and powered lawn equipment.
• Performs routine inspections of Hall Ambulance facilities; conducts repairs as soon as possible or submits work order documentation to ensure future repairs.
• Keeps a log of daily tasks and maintains other task-specific records as service is completed.
• Services and maintains company equipment of varying types, as directed by management. Repairs or assembles office furniture when requested.
• Drives to outlying stations to perform repair services on both interior and exterior of facility.
• Performs all tasks with consideration for the safety of all employees and patients.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Attends all mandatory meetings.
• As needed, supports Ambulance Detail team by cleaning and detailing interior of ambulance vehicles to healthcare cleanliness standard.
• Makes proper and timely notifications to management staff regarding issues of importance or unusual occurrences.
• Assists with providing information for investigations of incidents as required.
• Takes every reasonable precaution to maintain security and protection of sensitive data.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by Facilities Maintenance Manager.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
• Prefer High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy including age minimum of 20 years.
• Valid & current Class C California Driver License.
WE HIRE GREAT PEOPLE.
What kind of person makes a stellar Hall Ambulance team member? Someone passionate about making a difference. The kind of individual who can identify with delivering exemplary care, in a compassionate manner, while serving their community. For Hall Ambulance, that’s the core of who we are.
WE STRENGTHEN YOUR CAREER.
From the beginning, we focus on building a better you. Whether you are just starting your EMS career or are a seasoned professional, you will experience a strong, supportive company culture. This includes taking advantage of on-going training and continuing education available through our accredited training facility, the Harvey L. Hall EMS Academy.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS.
Our benefits package is designed to keep you performing at the top of your game, both at work and at home. It includes medical, dental, vision, life, flex spending, long-term disability, and 401(k), preparing you for retirement.
We offer paid time off, affording you time to rejuvenate, and Company-sponsored activities, including family picnics, employee lunches, and group outings to local sporting events.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY.
Founded in 1971, Hall Ambulance is the 911 paramedic provider for 88% of Kern County, California’s population. Our response area covers a diverse geographic region, including busy metro on the streets of Bakersfield, scenic mountain communities in the Los Padres National Forest and Tehachapi mountains, and the vast expanses of the Mojave Desert. Hall Critical Care Transport provides regional ground and air interfacility transport solutions extending from San Diego to Sacramento.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and work cohesively across Department lines.
• High level of attention to detail and quality to ensure repairs are completed to the highest standard.
• Familiarity with and ability to operate basic hand and power tools. Must be able to handle material and safely operate a variety of equipment, including construction, carpentry, painting, plumbing, and building and electrical.
• Basic understanding of plumbing systems.
• Highly dependable; available and willing to work all assigned shifts.
• Works independently and is able to prioritize effectively.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
• Ability to understand and comply with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures, both written and verbal.
• Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal customers.
• Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to changing work requirements throughout each day.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Lift objects weighing between 50 – 75 pounds.
Stand and walk for long periods of time.
Frequent pushing, pulling, reaching, kneeling, squatting, and climbing.
SALARY RANGE : $43,680.00 to $49,920.00 D.O.E.