Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. has served the Kern County Community for 50 years. Join us in building a future based on our founder’s values of Care, Compassion, and Community!
This is a great opportunity to join our Hall team as a Communications Technician!
Pay range - $24-$27 per hour depending on experience.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in the communications technology field. Public Service or Military dispatch equipment repair or installation experience a plus but not required.
- Valid driver license with an insurable driver history.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Support electronic and radio communications equipment for emergency medical services, including installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance. Assist with technology solutions including radio systems, telephone systems, emergency alert systems, vehicle monitoring systems, reporting systems, office and vehicular voice, data, video and remote control systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assesses, analyzes, provides technical, electronics and telecommunication support to the company and takes appropriate action to resolve challenges.
- Instructs employees in appropriate use of company resources including base, mobile, and portable radios, telephone equipment, vehicle monitoring equipment and other technical equipment.
- Conducts analysis, trouble shooting and assisting remote posts with problems via telephone.
- Understands and supports Hall Ambulance Service, Inc.’s complete line of communications systems including dispatch systems, base, repeater, mobile, and portable radio systems, intercom systems, telephone systems.
- Coordinates and assists with installation of hardware, cabling, jacks, etc. and implementation of new systems.
- Although not primarily responsible for maintaining computer systems, provides assistance to the IT department with office and mobile, hardware, particularly relating to cabling or power issues with systems.
- Works in a team environment, understands business requirements, and defines technical solutions based on business requirements.
- Acts as the company’s technology representative with internal and external customers and provides day-to-day technical support to company equipment users.
- Solves unexpected problems under time constraints in order to keep company systems operating uninterrupted 24/7.
- Performs semi-annual inspections of radio equipment at Hall Ambulance Stations.
- Consults and works collaboratively with internal/external customers toward achieving mutual goals. Consults with users to identify and resolve problems, needs and requirements.
- Interprets technical specifications and design processes in order to troubleshoot and repair electronic and radio circuits.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality, security and need-to-know standards.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy including age minimum of 20 years.
WE HIRE GREAT PEOPLE.
What kind of person makes a stellar Hall Ambulance team member? Someone passionate about making a difference. The kind of individual who can identify with delivering exemplary care, in a compassionate manner, while serving their community. For Hall Ambulance, that’s the core of who we are.
WE STRENGTHEN YOUR CAREER.
From the beginning, we focus on building a better you. Whether you are just starting your EMS career or are a seasoned professional, you will experience a strong, supportive company culture. This includes taking advantage of on-going training and continuing education available through our accredited training facility, the Harvey L. Hall EMS Academy.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS.
Our benefits package is designed to keep you performing at the top of your game, both at work and at home. It includes medical, dental, vision, life, flex spending, long-term disability, and 401(k), preparing you for retirement.
We offer paid time off, affording you time to rejuvenate, and Company-sponsored activities, including family picnics, employee lunches, and group outings to local sporting events.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY.
Founded in 1971, Hall Ambulance is the 911 paramedic provider for 88% of Kern County, California’s population. Our response area covers a diverse geographic region, including busy metro on the streets of Bakersfield, scenic mountain communities in the Los Padres National Forest and Tehachapi mountains, and the vast expanses of the Mojave Desert. Hall Critical Care Transport provides regional ground and air interfacility transport solutions extending from San Diego to Sacramento.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and understanding of database programs.
- Legible handwriting, understanding, and ability to use electronic and radio equipment.
- Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Highly dependable and ability to meet internal deadlines consistently.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Two years of experience in the communications technology field.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in groups. Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work required irregular hours including weekends and evenings, and willing to travel as needed.
- Must have a courteous, and decisive nature in order to provide maximum customer service under stressful conditions.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent lifting, handling, reaching, kneeling, twisting, and squatting.