Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. has served the Kern County Community for 50 years. Join us in building a future based on our founder’s values of Care, Compassion, and Community!
This is a great opportunity to join our Hall team as a Transportation Coordinator!
Note: this position may include night and weekend shift schedules.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Ensure all incoming non-emergency transportation calls are answered and responded to in a timely manner. The Transportation Coordinator will set up transportation for critical transfers and transfers requiring an ambulance. Uses judgement and company guidelines to ensure the transport request meets medical necessity and reasonableness when approving a transfer. Obtains proper authorizations prior to approving transports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Answers and coordinates incoming calls for non-emergency transportation requests that may include interfacility transfers and long distance transfers.
• May also be required to answer general business calls outside of normal business hours.
• Primarily responsible for completing intake of transportation requests and inputting into electronic system in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensures all transportation requests have required documentation prior to transporting the patient. Contacts physicians, hospitals or facilities to obtain any missing information prior to transport.
• Maintains responsibility for ensuring a bed is available at the receiving facility prior to the transport.
• Ensures the transport request meets medical necessity and reasonableness when approving; works closely with Dispatch team to ensure effective and efficient use of ambulance resources.
• Enters standby requests in the CAD in a timely manner, to ensure pre-authorized standby events are on the schedule to be dispatched.
• Reviews and validates electronic data submitted, post-transport but prior to billing, to ensure a smooth billing process. Including but not limited to Rx, diagnosis, reason for transport. Ensures all documentation is scanned or electronic, and attached to the transport file.
• Provides compassionate response to patients or facilities requesting transports that do not meet medical necessity and reasonableness guidelines; offers alternative resource contacts.
• Maintains productivity during slow times by working Rx or Dr needed, Mcare signatures and GY denials, prebilling and projects as assigned.
• Secures and processes payment in advance for non-covered, non-urgent transports including providing estimated total to sending facility or patient.
• Maintains detailed notes and documentation for every transport call.
• Takes every reasonable precaution to maintain the security and protection of sensitive data.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One or more years in the Medical Billing field preferred.
WE HIRE GREAT PEOPLE.
What kind of person makes a stellar Hall Ambulance team member? Someone passionate about making a difference. The kind of individual who can identify with delivering exemplary care, in a compassionate manner, while serving their community. For Hall Ambulance, that’s the core of who we are.
WE STRENGTHEN YOUR CAREER.
From the beginning, we focus on building a better you. Whether you are just starting your EMS career or are a seasoned professional, you will experience a strong, supportive company culture. This includes taking advantage of on-going training and continuing education available through our accredited training facility, the Harvey L. Hall EMS Academy.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS.
Our benefits package is designed to keep you performing at the top of your game, both at work and at home. It includes medical, dental, vision, life, flex spending, long-term disability, and 401(k), preparing you for retirement.
We offer paid time off, affording you time to rejuvenate, and Company-sponsored activities, including family picnics, employee lunches, and group outings to local sporting events.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY.
Founded in 1971, Hall Ambulance is the 911 paramedic provider for 88% of Kern County, California’s population. Our response area covers a diverse geographic region, including busy metro on the streets of Bakersfield, scenic mountain communities in the Los Padres National Forest and Tehachapi mountains, and the vast expanses of the Mojave Desert. Hall Critical Care Transport provides regional ground and air interfacility transport solutions extending from San Diego to Sacramento.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
• Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and understanding of database programs.
• Legible handwriting, understanding, and ability to use electronic equipment.
• Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
• Highly dependable and ability to meet internal deadlines consistently.
• Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
• Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
• Must have the ability to work independently as well as in groups. Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
• Must have a courteous, and decisive nature in order to provide maximum customer service under stressful conditions.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Working conditions include ability to work in an office setting. Ability to sit and type at a computer station.
• Ability to operate standard office machinery.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour; DOE