Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. has served the Kern County Community for over 50 years. Join us in building a future based on our founder’s values of Care, Compassion, and Community!
>>Relocation Reimbursement = up to $2,500
>>Change of Pace - 1:1 Patient Ratio
>>Work under set protocols in a more Autonomous Environment
>>Opportunity to Respond to 911 calls with a Paramedic
As a respected member of the Hall CCT team, you will have the freedom to take charge of your patient’s healthcare needs, working under set protocols in our mobile intensive care unit. Come build your nursing career where you can build your life.
Hall CCT achieved recognition from the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) in 2013 and is the first critical care transport service in California to have both ground and air divisions accredited.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Valid RN License.
- Preferred 3 years experience as an ER and/or ICU Registered Nurse.
- Ability to compassionately serve the patients in your community.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Perform the duties of a Registered Nurse for patient transport on a Ground Critical Care Transport Ambulance. Respond to medical emergencies in the community. Provide Advanced Life Support (ALS) treatment or Basic Life Support (BLS) treatment for, and safe efficient transportation of, ill or injured persons. Assess patients prepared for transport via ground ambulance. Provide medical treatment to the ill and injured and manage the illness or injury during transport. Complete patient records and transfer of information to healthcare provider. Provide compassionate patient care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Arrives to work on time and as scheduled in order to comply with mandated Company and EMS standards.
- Completes or assists in completing a full medical assessment of each patient under care and records such findings on the appropriate documentation. Manages illness or injury for emergency patients in accordance with specified protocol and procedure.
- Administers first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in both pre-hospital and transfer settings. Responds to emergency and non-emergency transports as directed by the Communications Center.
- Performs emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures listed in the State EMS Scope of Practice, such as splinting, medication administration, stomach suction, intubation, airway management and heart monitoring during ambulance transport.
- Operates equipment such as EKGs, external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life-support environments. Operates all equipment in a safe manner following established procedures.
- Effectively coordinates patient care with sending and receiving facilities, emergency medical team members, and police and fire department personnel. Observes, records, and reports to a healthcare provider the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided and reactions to drugs and treatment.
- Communicates with dispatchers and treatment center personnel to provide information about emergency situations, to arrange reception of victims and to receive instructions for further treatment.
- Assesses and prepares patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocol and procedures.
- Guides and support Paramedics and EMT’s in the application of appropriate EMS techniques.
- Performs daily visual and audible inspection of assigned vehicle or aircraft, appropriate ALS equipment, and document form stock, to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
- Completes and transfers patient care information and records as per established procedures. Takes every reasonable precaution to maintain security and protection of sensitive data.
- Provides comfort and reassurance to patients and patients’ family members.
- Complies with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures that apply to Hall Critical Care Transport Service, Inc. and Hall Ambulance Service, Inc.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- Valid RN License and valid CPR certification.
- Valid Class C California Driver License and insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy.
- Within two months of employment; must obtain certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation Program Provider, and TNCC or equivalent. (Internal Training Available)
- Within two years of employment; must obtain an Advanced Nursing Certification such as Certified Transport Registered Nurse, Certified Flight Registered Nurse, Certified Emergency Nurse, or Critical Care Registered Nurse.
WE HIRE GREAT PEOPLE.
What kind of person makes a stellar Hall Ambulance team member? Someone passionate about making a difference. The kind of individual who can identify with delivering exemplary care, in a compassionate manner, while serving their community. For Hall Ambulance, that’s the core of who we are.
WE STRENGTHEN YOUR CAREER.
From the beginning, we focus on building a better you. Whether you are just starting your career or are a seasoned professional, you will experience a strong, supportive company culture. This includes taking advantage of on-going training and continuing education available through our accredited training facility, the Harvey L. Hall EMS Academy.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS.
Our benefits package is designed to keep you performing at the top of your game, both at work and at home. It includes medical, dental, vision, life, flex spending, long-term disability, and 401(k), preparing you for retirement.
We offer paid time off, affording you time to rejuvenate, and Company-sponsored activities, including family picnics, employee lunches, and group outings to local sporting events.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY.
Founded in 1971, Hall Ambulance is the 911 paramedic provider for 88% of Kern County, California’s population. Our response area covers a diverse geographic region, including busy metro on the streets of Bakersfield, scenic mountain communities in the Los Padres National Forest and Tehachapi mountains, and the vast expanses of the Mojave Desert. Hall Critical Care Transport provides regional ground and air interfacility transport solutions extending from San Diego to Sacramento.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department and agency lines.
- Preferred 3 Years of ER/ICU experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Highly dependable; available and willing to work all assigned shifts and locations.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Must have computer competency including understanding of reporting programs, and ability to complete patient records.
- Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing environments.
- Must have the ability to work well as a team. Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Must have a courteous, and decisive nature in order to provide excellent patient care under stressful conditions.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, reaching, kneeling, squatting, and climbing.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $94,000 - $104,000 Annual; DOE. Overtime Opportunities Available.